Minggu, 06 Januari 2008
ABOVE THE CEILING WORK PERMIT contribution of DMC - USA
Above the Ceiling Work Permit - ATC
_Prior to performing any work above a finished ceiling the contractor shall
obtain an Above the Ceiling Work Permit (ATC).
_The contractor will also be given tags to place at any barrier penetrations.The ATC Permit request shall include:
– Description and location of the work to be completed.
– A floor plan of the route indicating barrier penetrations.
– How the work will be supported (Note fire sprinkler piping or hangers are NOT to be
used to support work).
A copy of the permit shall be conspicuously displayed at the work site.
_Tags shall be conspicuously displayed at any penetration.
_A copy shall remain in the site office. The contractor shall examine the site(s), prior to beginning any work. Any existing penetrations 5 feet in any direction from the new work in a fire or smoke barrier shall be brought to the attention of Owner.
_ Any penetrations not identified prior to beginning work shall be the responsibility of the contractor to fire stop.
At the end of each work day the contractor shall fire stop any penetrations made in
_ Upon the completion of the project the work site shall be inspected by the designated of representative. The permit will be signed by the representative indicating approval of the work.
_Upon the completion of the project the the designated by representative
– Inspect all penetrations. The tag identifying the penetration locations shall
be signed by the representative and affixed next to the penetration.
– The permit shall be signed with a copy given to the site manager